Electronic Fisheries Technology for Vessels
The use of innovative electronic fisheries monitoring (EM) technology is possible through our strategic partnership with SnapIT.
Fishing vessels can be equipped with customized, robust data capture hardware, including cameras with 360 degree pan, tilt, and zoom capabilities that can capture high-definition video and on-board systems that can remotely transmit data to shore.
SnapIT technology also includes the integration of Artificial Intelligence in both data capture and analysis software that reduces data review and storage requirements.
The use of this innovative technology results in:
- Close to real-time monitoring
- Collection of high-quality data
- Ability for fish harvesters to affordably meet the government-mandated observation requirements
- Improved catch, bycatch, and discard data for population modelling, stock assessment, and conservation
- Ability to scale to thousands of vessels around the world